Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jet Rock Bar and Grill

      OK, admittedly reviewing a restaurant located in an airport is weird, But with more airports bringing in higher quality food, I thought it was time . So my trip home from Fort Lauderdale took me through Philadelphia and with a two hour layover, I did a little shopping, (wife's b-day in two days), and then went looking for a place to eat. I could of gotten a meal at Legal Seafood's, or at one of many fast food joints, but I kept looking and eventually stumbled onto Jet Rock Bar and Grill. Sort of a pub and food place with over 40 different beers on tap. I sat down at the bar as my usual and was given a menu and beer list. After perusing the very large list I ordered a purple haze and since I was in the city of brotherly love , a Philly cheesesteak.

      And here is where things went down hill, my server was dealing with some jerk at the end of the bar who wanted his meal cancelled cuz it was taking too long and was giving her a real hard time ( jerks in airports making everyones life miserable, hope he got strip searched by TSA). OK, it happens, if your in the service industry you will have to deal with this at some point, but the problem was she proceeded to deal with it by becoming everyones worst server ever, surly, non responsive, dismissive, HEY LADY, I wasn't the jerk. Anyways the beer was very good, the sandwich was OK but the service ruined the whole meal. Go here to get yourself a great brew and a pretty good sandwich and hope you don't have my server.

Food,                     2.5  OK sandwich, your average airport food.  
Beer and Wine,    4.0  Nice beer and wine selections, best I have seen in an airport.
Service,                 2.0  AWFUL, if you can't shake off a bad customer, find a different business to be in.
Ambiance,             3.0  Its a bar and loud but for an airport it's OK.
Price,                     2.0  Airport pricing, enough said.


Overall                  2.70  If not for the server, I would of actually liked this place. If I am stuck in Philly again, I would go here. Hopefully my server will be gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment