Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2012

Johnny V's Review

      This was on my advanced list of a places we should go to while in Fort Lauderdale. So I was extremely happy when we got a reservation for 6:30. Then I was extremely sad when I had to cancel because my boss's plane was delayed and he didn't get in till 6pm. After picking a second choice, I found I had to cancel that also, as a business meeting ran long. So we decided to head out to Los Olas Boulevard and see what pops up. Our cab lets us off and lo and behold we are right in front of Johnny V's. What a coincidence. I ask at the counter if they have a table for 4 and yes they do. WOO HOO .

      So in we go and I for one am VERY happy we did. The wine list is incredible and I started with an incredible Temparillo from Spain, with this great glass of wine we shared three appetizers, the blue corn crusted calamari, the slightly seared tune poke and the special of the night, baked oysters with spinach and bechamel sauce. All three were just incredible, the flavors, the presentation , everything perfect.

      For my entree, I went with the Duck, Duck, Duck and I must say this was one of the best entrees I have ever had. A duck leg confit, a roasted breast served medium and sliced and a bread pudding made of mushrooms and foie gras, YUMMY. Around the table, everyone else got fresh fish entrees and other than one fish being a bit dry, we all loved our meals. For dessert we ordered a chocolate samplers and there were 4 or 5 different preparations, all of them delicious.

Food,                     4.25  Excellent food, Imaginatively prepared with sometimes unusual ingredients. One of the fish dishes was a bit dry and overcooked, points off for that.
Beer and Wine,     4.0    Very Deep wine selections, list is huge and some of it very expensive.
Service,                 4.0    Our waitress was incredible, making suggestions and helping us out with the wine list.
Ambiance,             3.75  Nice space, but very narrow, some sidewalk seating, which would be fun.
Price,                     3.5   VERY pricey, but food this creative is rarely cheap.

Overall                  3.90  My favorite meal of the trip and probably in my favorite top 20 of all time. If you are in Fort Lauderdale go here

No comments:

Post a Comment